Mail:      PO Box 7395
      Hutt Street SA 5000
Office:   Level 1
  33 Hutt Street
  Adelaide SA 5000
  By Appointment
Phone: +61 8 8359 3334
New Graduates  

The Board welcomes new graduates to the profession in South Australia.

As a new graduate, you should complete an application for registration using Form 2.

You must also provide 2 references attesting to your character and suitability for registration using Form 2A.

A recent colour photograph (preferably passport sized) and a certified copy of your degree certificate must be included with your application. If you do not have a degree certificate by the time you apply for registration then you must include a transcript of your academic record reflecting conferral of your award or provide a letter from the university confirming that your award has been conferred.

Once you have received your degree certificate, please ensure that you provide a certified copy to the office of the Registrar within 1 month of receipt.

Your application for registration will not be processed until the Registrar has received the 'Dean's List'.

Please note that is the responsibility of all veterinary surgeons (including recent graduates) to understand the provisions of the Veterinary Practice Act 2003 and the Veterinary Practice Regulations 2017, and the Board's Code of Professional Conduct for Veterinary Surgeons. If you have any queries about these matters, please contact the Registrar.

The Board encourages you to contact the South Australian Division of the Australian Veterinary Association. You will be assigned a mentor and you will be put in touch with other new graduates practising in South Australia.

As a new graduate, you are not required to complete continuing professional development activity in their first year of practice.

The Board has endorsed Guidelines for the Employment of New Graduates / Inexperienced Vets. If you are not receiving the level of support outlined in the guideline, or have any concerns about practice, the Board encourages you to discuss the situation with your mentor or contact the Registrar.