The Veterinary Surgeons Board is committed to the responsible handling of personal information and to protecting an individual's right to privacy.
- The Board will only collect personal information that is necessary to fulfil its functions under the Act. This information will be collected by lawful and fair means, with your consent and be used for a lawful purpose.
- The Board will only collect personal information from you with your prior knowledge and consent. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities from any statistics generated by the Website.
- The types of organisations to which the Board may disclose personal information include: other veterinary registration authorities in Australia and overseas; other federal and/or state government regulatory authorities; registered medical practitioners; notifications and the Board's solicitors; drug wholesalers.
- The Board will only use personal information for the purpose it has been collected or, where you would reasonably expect this to occur and/or you have consented.
- The Board's goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us with this please keep us informed of any changes to your details.
- The Registrar is designated as the Privacy Officer.
- No member or officer of the Board can disclose personal information except in performing their duties or in specific situations to assist a law enforcement agency.
- The Board will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that personal information it holds is kept secure. Reasonable steps will be taken to de-identify any personal information no longer required.
- The Board uses a reliable and secure computer system. However, you should be aware that, although we strive to protect information transmitted via our Website, there may be inherent risks associated with the transmission of data via the Internet.